No products in the cart.
Home/Yongnuo Flash Controllers/Controllers for Canon
Yongnuo ST-E2 is a very similar to the Canon ST-E2 wireless flash controller that was released way back in 2004-05 era when the Canon 550EX and film EOS cameras were still the bread-and-butter products of Canon. Yongnuo improved features of the Canon’s model and added some new functions.Unlike radio triggers, the ST-E2 requires line-of-sight for the flashes to receive the signal of the controller. However, line-of-sight is less critical when in an indoor environment as nearby walls and ceilings aid the IR beam patterns even without line-of-sight.
Out of stock
Yongnuo ST-E2 | Transmitter for Canon
Yongnuo ST-E2 is a new speedlite transmitter very similar to the original Canon ST-E2. Yongnuo improved features of the Canon’s model and added some new functions.
The Yongnuo ST-E2 is a very similar to the aging Canon ST-E2 wireless flash controller that was released way back in 2004-05 era when the Canon 550EX and film EOS cameras were still the bread-and-butter products of Canon. While it was highly revolutionary at that time, it clearly lacks the modern functionalities, flexibility, and usability of the Nikon SU-800 controller.
The Canon ST-E2 is an infrared-based flash controller mounted on the camera’s hot-shoe that allows the user to control multiple off-camera slave flashes sorted in channels and groups. The ST-E2 allows you to retain E-TTL flash metering as well as high-speed sync and ratio-based output even when flashes are placed away from the camera wirelessly.
The Yongnuo ST-E2 also sports a high-output auto-focus assist beam to use in low-light, particularly for cameras without a built-in flash/AF assist beam.
The Yongnuo ST-E2, as mentioned, uses IR beams for communication. Unlike radio triggers, the ST-E2 requires line-of-sight for the flashes to receive the signal of the controller. However, line-of-sight is less critical when in an indoor environment as nearby walls and ceilings aid the IR beam patterns even without line-of-sight.
Yongnuo’s model has some advantages over Canon‘s:
- AA-powered (no more 2xCR5 batteries)
- Greater range – very important
- Swivels 135 degrees
- Thus it can control flashes behind the camera
- About half the price
Yongnuo ST-E2 - features
- Yongnuo ST-E2 has Ultra-AF – Improves the Autofocus assist function, so the maximum focusing distance can reach 25 meters.
- Access to Camera menu – You can set the relevant parameters of the speedlite through access to the camera menu.
- Supports exposure compensation – You can adjust the power output of the speedlite by using the flash and exposure compensation to make the photography effect meet your requirement.
- Supports exposure bracketing (FEB) – Access to the camera menu to set the exposure bracketing function. It can help you to improve the success rate of taken photos.
- Support Group C Flash – You can set the parameters of Group C flash via your camera’s menu. (Please kindly note that not all cameras provide this menu)
- Modeling Flash – When the depth of field preview button on the camera is pressed, it can control the speedlite to send out the modeling flash.
- Rotatable – You can control the angle scope of the slave units through rotating the camera body (left and right up to 135 degrees). This makes it easier to serve the slave units and meet your multi-angle creative needs
- Overheating Protection – If the controller is used too frequently, it’s overheating protection function will be triggered, the ETTL and HSS indicator will blink alternatively, and the controller will be locked for a short period of time.
- Power saving function – If the controller is not used for 2 minutes it will go into the dormancy state in order to save power. Also, it will automatically shutdown after keeping idle for 15 minutes.
Yongnuo ST-E2 - specifications:
|Type||On-Camera Speedlite Transmitter|
|Transmission Range||Up to 25m|
|Transmission Angle||40 degrees to the left and right along the direction of light head and 30 degrees up and down in vertical direction|
|Controllable slave groups||A+B+C, A:B, A:BC ( Via camera menu )|
|Flash Ratio control||8:1, 1:1, 1:8 ( three levels of ratio control)|
|Modeling flash control||Provided (Enabled with camera’s depth of field preview button)|
|High-Speed sync||Provided (Enabled with camera’s depth of field preview button)|
|Power Source||2 x AA size batteries ( Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable )|
|Flash times with battery set||About 1500 transmissions ( 2 x AA size alkaline batteries )|
|Power saving||Automatic sleep after two munutes idle state|
Automatic power off after 15 minutes idle state
|Additional features||Rotable, Camera menu controllable, FEC, FEB|
|Dimensions||63 * 63 * 82mm|
Yongnuo ST-E2 - compatible with:
Yongnuo ST-E2 is compatible with most Canon cameras: 1000D,1100D, 1200D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 70D, 750D, 760D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 400D, 350D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 7D, 5D, 5DII, 1D/1D Series and other newer Canon EOS DSLR cameras…
Compatible Flashes: Canon 550EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 580EX, 580EX II, Yongnuo YN568EX, YN565EX, YN500EX, YN560EX, YN510EX and other…
Yongnuo ST-E2 - package includes:
1 x Yongnuo ST-E2 Transmitter
1 x hot shoe stand
1 x Protection bag
1 x Manual in English & Chinese
1 x YongNuo original box
There are no reviews yet.