No products in the cart.
Home/Yongnuo Flashes/Flashes for Nikon
Yongnuo YN565EX is the most popular Yongnuo TTL flash for Nikon users. YN-565EX is a great alternative to much more expensive Nikon SB700 and SB910 speedlites offering the same functions at much lower price. Great flash for professionals and advanced amateurs.
Yongnuo YN565EX | Flash for Nikon
Yongnuo YN565EX is a flash similar to YN560 in terms of design with the features of the YN-468, plus some huge upgrades on the new YN565EX making it a much more capable tool for digital flash photography, both on the camera hot shoe and in wireless mode.
Customers are often in doubts when choosing between Yongnuo YN565EX and Yongnuo YN568EX. I heard this question so many times. Here are the things you should consider when choosing between these 2 excellent flashes for Nikon:
- YN565EX does not support HSS mode, YN568EX does support.
- YN565EX is cheaper than YN568EX
- Some Nikon entry level DSLR cameras do not support HSS, so buying more expensive flash would mean nothing for those users. Nikon cameras below D7x00 series do not support HSS (Nikon D3x00, D5x00 series)
- If you only shoot indoor, HSS is not important so save money and buy Yongnuo YN565EX
Featuring wireless slave TTL functionality and full Nikon i-TTL support, the YN565EX Speedlite from Yongnuo can increase your lighting capabilities by offering an off-camera option. The flash’s general abilities include auto zooming from 24-105mm and an impressive guide number of 58m at ISO 100 and 105mm as well as tilting from -7 to +90° and 270° of rotation. When used off-camera it is easily triggered by camera’s with built-in commander modes or other speedlights with master TTL functionality or as a simple optical slave with instant sync or skip pre-flash settings.
The flash offers a variety of other useful features, including a wide-angle diffusion panel and a bounce card built into the head. Other capabilities are a modeling light function and sound prompt for audible notifications on flash status. The LCD panel assists in viewing settings and the flash will recycle in about 3 seconds. First and second curtain sync modes are available as well and it has PC sync and a socket for an external power pack. It runs on 4 AA batteries.
Yongnuo YN565EX features
- Yongnuo YN565EX is a TTL Flash with very powerful guide number – GN58 @ ISO100, 105mm
- Supports TTL, Manual, Multi and optical slave modes
- YN565EX supports both Canon and Nikon wireless TTL modes in parallel, which means you have a cross-brand compatible Flash Speedlite when it comes to the wireless slave mode. a) It can receive wireless signal from Canon system as well as Nikon system at the same time.
b) It can receive wireless signal from Canon system only, avoiding Nikon System
c) It can receive wireless signal from Nikon system only, avoiding Canon System. Under the wireless TTL slave mode ( Off camera ), YN-565 can be fired by Canon 580EX II, Nikon SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, Canon 7D, 70D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 700D and other newer cameras with built-in commander mode, Nikon Camera with C-commander and ST-E2. Note: Any flash exposure compensation, FEB, FE lock, manaul flash, and stroboscopic flash setting which is set with the master unit will be automatically transmitted to YN-565EX
- Can be fired via multiple ways– via master flash on camera, camera with built-in commander mode,optical S1 and S2 modes
- Auto and manual zoom functions – flash zoom can be set in 24-105mm focal length range, supporting full-frame / APS-C cameras
- Fully support TTL Functions – Flash exposure compensation, Flash exposure bracketing, Rear-curtain sync (2nd curtain sync), FE lock, Modeling Light, Menu Access of Nikon camera
- High Speed of Charging Recycle – It takes only 3 seconds to finish a charging cycle after a full level output, you can even use external power pack to accelerate the charging speed.
- Advanced Features – 1) Charging Socket for External Flash Pack ( You can buy Yongnuo SF-18 C or SF-17 C); 2) PC Port ( You can buy 3.5mm PC Sync Cable to fit for it ); 3) Sound Prompt System — Different sound stands for different working status, it’s more convenient for you to operate
- Modeling Light Function – Under the function of depth-of field preview in Camera, YN565EX will provide one second continuous light
- Advanced Setting and Automatic Saving Setting, Overheat Protection
- LED Display and Metal version Hot shoe
Yongnuo YN565EX specifications:
|Circuit design||Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT)|
|Guide No.||58 meters (ISO 100, 105mm)|
|Flash mode||TTL, M, Multi|
|Wireless trigger||N’s & C’s wireless system, S1, S2 pre-flash-canceled mode|
|Wireless triggering distance||20~25m indoor, 10~15m outdoor|
|Slave groups||3 (A, B, and C)|
|Vertical rotation angle||-7~90 degrees|
|Horizontal rotation angle||0~270 degrees|
|Power supply||4×AAsize batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable)|
|Lighting times||100~1500 times (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Recycle time||approx 3s (AA alkaline cell used)|
|Flash duration time||1/200s~1/20000s|
|Flash control||8 levels of output control (1/128~1/1), 22 levels of fine tuning|
|External interface||hot shoe, PC port and external charging port|
|External power||YONGNUO External Flash Pack like SF-18C, SF-17C|
|Additional features||Rear-curtain sync, FEC, FEB, FEV, modeling flash, sound prompt, advanced setting, automatically saving setting, power saving mode and over heat protection|
|Dimensions||60×190×78mm (Extended state)|
Yongnuo YN565EX - compatible with:
Suitable Cameras and Flashes in Wireless TTL Slave mode:
Commander: Nikon SU-800, Canon ST-E2, YONGNUO ST-E2
Flashes: Nikon SB-900, SB-800, SB-700 and other.
Cameras: Canon 7D, 60D, 600D, 650D, 700D, 750D, 760D, 70D, 7D Mark II and other.
Nikon D3x, D3s, D3,D2x, D700, D300s, D300, D200, D7000, D90, D80, D7100, D7200 and other.
Suitable Cameras in TTL mode:
Nikon D3x, D3s, D3, D2x, D700, D600, D610, D750, D810, D800, D300s, D300, D200, D7000, D90, D80, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5100, D5000, D3200, D3300, D7100, D7200, D3100, D3000 , D60, D40x, D40 and other
Suitable Cameras in S1 / S2 mode:
Any DSLR camera with standard hot shoe
Yongnuo YN565EX - package includes:
1 x Yongnuo YN565EX speedlite for Nikon
1 x Mini Stand
1 x Manual in English and Chinese
1 x Original box
1 x Soft case for flash
Mladen Davidovic – :
Excellent flash, in terms of features very similar to Nikon SB700. I bought it when my Nikon flash got faulty and never regretted. Really great flash for the money i paid for it.