No products in the cart.
Yongnuo 100mm f/2 lens for Canon
Yongnuo 100mm f2 Large Aperture Auto Focus Lens For Canon EOS Camera. A great prime lens that is an excellent addition to the Canon EOS 18-55mm lens kits. This lens gives you 3 stops or EIGHT times (2x2x2) more light coming through the lens opening than standard f/5.6 kit lenses. Great lens for taking portraits, low light photography, street, casual shooting and everyday use.
This Yongnuo 100mm lens is great replacement for Genuine Canon EF 100mm f/2 lens which is much more expensive
Yongnuo 100mm f2 Lens for Canon
Yongnuo 100mm f2 is the 4th lens for Canon DSLR cameras from Yongnuo. This lens is great alternative to more expensive Canon EF 100mm f/2 lens. Like Yongnuo’s other lenses, 50mm 1.8, 35mm f2 and 85mm 1.8 this new 100mm f/2 brings huge cost savings and is geared toward thrifty photographers who want to add a particular focal length without breaking the bank. It has a minimum focusing distance of 0.9m, a 58mm filter thread, autofocus and manual focus modes, an 9-blade circular aperture, electronics for communicating EXIF data to the camera, multi-coating for anti-ghosting and anti-flare, and gold-plated metal contacts.
Yongnuo 100mm f/2 is a compact telephoto prime lens designed for Canon EF-mount DSLRs. It combines the popular 100mm focal length with a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of situations. Multi-coated glass elements reduce the effects of lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color accuracy. An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel permits quick switching between focusing methods, and the lens can focus as closely as 0.9m to suit photographing close-up subjects. Very compact and lightweight in design. Additionally, gold-plated contacts permit working with all exposure modes as well as transferring lens information to the EXIF data. A tried-and-true lens construction with design enhancements to benefit handling, this lens is an ideal walk-around lens for everyday shooting.
Lightweight and sharp 100mm prime lens made by Yongnuo with very fast f/2 aperture. Add to this the excellent price and you have excellent value lens that can be added to any camera kit. Ideally suited to upgrade from standard camera kit lenses, this lens provides improved sharpness, speed and color rendition
The Yongnuo 100mm f/2 covers a 160mm equivalent focal length on an APS-C body and comprises 8 elements in 5 groups. It also offers 9 diaphragm blades, one aperture blade more than the Canon EF 100mm f/2 lens. 100mm is a favorite lens of many photographers. Not only is it sharp, delivers wonderful color and very useful, but it gives a different perspective on the things you photograph.
There are many reasons why you should buy fast 100mm prime lens:
- The Ideal Portrait Length – 100mm is the ideal portrait length because it maintains closeness to your subject without showing any distortion. Distortion, or lack thereof, is what is important to all photographers to ensure that things like noses don’t seem too big. Additionally, 100mm lenses tend to be very sharp and render the background out of focus in a way that is pleasing to the eyes. This is very useful when shooting headshots in the studio with subjects.
- Great for low light photography – with the wide aperture of f/2, especially going from your typical kit lens which is usually f/5.6, this lens gives you 3 stops or EIGHT times (2x2x2) more light coming through the lens opening. This allows you to use either a faster shutter speed and avoid camera shake, or a lower ISO and avoid the noise you get from higher ISOs, or a combination of both.
- Great value, low cost – at a price below $200 it might be the best choice for the first lens investment
- Great bokeh – prime lenses typically produce nicer bokeh (how the lens renders out of focus areas) than most zooms, and with the f2 aperture you can make some really nice bokeh. Bright lights, off in the background, twinkle with this little lens!
- Sharpness – prime or fixed focal length lenses are usually inherently sharper than zoom lenses, partly due to there being less moving parts inside the lens, and less lens elements. You will also experience increased sharpness due to the wider aperture which allows, as I mentioned above, being able to shoot at faster shutter speeds and lower ISO. Being able to get a fast enough shutter speed to eliminate camera shake, or freeze a moving subject has a lot to do with getting sharper images as does minimizing noise.
- It’s versatile – the 100mm lens is a great street shooting lens, not too wide, not too long. On a cropped or APS-C sensor (any non full frame camera body) it is also a great portrait lens, just long enough to remove distortion from your subject’s face and flatter them a bit more, not so long you need to stand across the street.
- Great for traveling – because it’s light weight, and is a fast lens (big aperture f/2) the 100mm is a great addition to your bag for trips. 100mm f2 fills the bill for low light photograph that the other zoom lenses can’t because of their aperture limitations.
Yongnuo 100mm f2 lens features
- Telephoto lens designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used with APS-C-format DSLR cameras where it will provide a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- The 100mm focal length when mounted on Full frame camera and the 9 blade aperture makes it ideal for a range of applications including portraiture.
- The bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also aids focus control for shallow depth of field imagery. F2 large aperture helps to separate the subject from background.
- Multi-coated glass elements increase contrast and maintain color accuracy by reducing flare and ghosting.
- An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel allows you to select focusing methods, with either setting allowing you to focus as closely as 0.9m away.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus techniques.
- Compact, lightweight design makes it convenient to carry everywhere.
- Gold-plated electronic contacts convey EXIF data between camera and lens and also permit working M, Av, Tv, and P shooting modes.
- A great prime lens that is an excellent addition to the Canon EOS 18-55mm kit lens;
Yongnuo 100mm f2 lens specifications:
|Construction||5 groups / 8 elements|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.9m|
|Maximum Diameter and Length||Approximately 76 x 83mm|
Yongnuo 100mm f2 lens - compatible with:
Yongnuo YN100mm f2 lens works well with all Canon EOS cameras such as: Canon 6D, 5D mark II, 5D mark III, 5Ds, 5DsR, 7D mark II, 5D, 7D, 70D, 600D, 650D, 60D, 700D, 50D, 40D, 500D, 350D, 450D, 550D, 1100D, 1000D, T3, T3i, T5, T5i and other Canon EOS cameras not listed here
Yongnuo 100mm f2 lens - package includes:
1 x Yongnuo EF 100mm f2 Autofocus Lens for Canon
1 x Rear Lens Cap
1 x 58mm Lens cap
1 x Manual
1 x Original Box