No products in the cart.
Yongnuo YN35mm f/2 for Nikon
Yongnuo 35mm f/2 is an autofocus lens, and follows in the footsteps of Yongnuo’s 50mm f/1.8 lens for Nikon F mount. It is a large aperture, fast prime lens for Nikon DSLR cameras and is a great addition to Nikon 18-55 kit lens.
Yongnuo 35mm f/2 Lens for Nikon DSLR
Yongnuo 35mm f2N is the newest lens for Nikon DSLR cameras from Yongnuo, launched few months after Yongnuo YN50mm 1.8 lens. This lens is great alternative to much more expensive Nikon 35mm f/1.8G lens. Like Yongnuo’s other lenses, this new 35mm f/2 brings huge cost savings and is geared toward thrifty photographers who want to add a particular focal length without breaking the bank. It has a minimum focusing distance of 0.8 feet, a 58mm filter thread, autofocus and manual focus modes, a 7-blade circular aperture, a durable metal lens mount, electronics for communicating EXIF data to the camera, multi-coating for anti-ghosting and anti-flare, and gold-plated metal contacts.
The Yongnuo 35mm f/2 covers a 52mm equivalent focal length on an Nikon APS-C body and comprises 7 elements in 5 groups.
There are many reasons why you should buy fast 35mm prime lens:
- Focal Length – In terms of composition, the 35mm lens is the closest to the focal composition of the human eye. That is why it is used so often in movies because it gives a much more realistic vantage point for the viewer. In terms of photography, using a fixed 35mm lens requires you to get creative in terms of how you move your body around to get the right composition. You can’t be lazy but when you catch a shot with a 35mm lens it has a more artistic look to it than any other lens that I have tried.
- Versatility – The 35mm lens can be used for almost anything: Landscapes, portraits, travel shots, macro photography, street photography, real estate photography, product photography – just about everything. The 35mm allows me to get great close up images but also allows me to get pretty decent wide angle shots. Many photographers refer to the 35mm as the wedding photography lens because of its versatility indoors and outdoors.
- Video – Many photographers use 35mm lens exclusively for creating videos. I had read a few articles on the fact that it was the best lens for videography for a variety of reasons. All of those reasons were spot on and I could see the difference I snapped the lens on the camera. The focal length was wide enough where I virtually had no camera shake but not so wide that I could not focus on my subject. I could walk a foot away and get great close-ups and the video had an almost cinematic quality when you dialed in the aperture to its lowest levels. In short the video is just beautiful with a lens in this focal length.
- Best Capture of Subject and Environment – One of the best features of a 35mm lens is that it allows you to capture your subject relative to their environment. I think this is another reason that it is used so broadly in film – it helps you tell a story with your video or your photograph.
- Forced Interaction – You can always tell from someone’s photos if they were passively or actively engaged with there surroundings. The best photos I see is where the photographer is actively involved in their environment – not changing the scene but involved in it somehow by getting in the middle of the action. Zoom lenses can make a photographer a little lazy since they can zoom into their subject from far away and not get in the middle the action. The 35mm is a lens really requires you to get in the middle of a situation to get a good photograph. If you stand far away from your subject it won’t work since the angle is pretty wide and you won’t have a real subject in the end photo. I find that the 35mm is perfect since it requires you to jump right in to find the perfect picture.
- Low Light Performance – Fast 35mm lens provides you with unreal low light performance. You can take pictures in near dark rooms and the photos appear that they have been taken in great lighting conditions. This is beneficial not only for photography but videography as well. I find that the videos taken with the 35mm lens have far less noise and are far less grainy than pictures taken with my other lenses.
- Small, Light and Compact – When I put the 35mm lens on my camera it makes my camera feel small and light. When I compare that to my more expensive prime lenses which make my camera feel about twice the weight it is really an added bonus to this lens. Since the lens is so light, compact and versatile it makes the perfect walk around lens for taking street photography or any type of photography when you are traveling. Sure, you might be tempted to break out your fish eye or zoom but this lens will force you to deal with your situation and take the best picture possible with what you have. I find that always makes for more interesting photography.
- 35mm is the classic for documentary and reportage photography – Many of the great photographs from wars and photo essays were shot using 35mm lenses, and even now I think it gives that classic look. It was so popular for photojournalism because is its a semi-wide angle lens, allowing the photographer to get both the subject and its environment in the frame so the viewer can see and understand what is happening in the scene.
Yongnuo 35mm f/2 features
- Yongnuo 35mm f2 lens closest focusing distance is 0.25 meter
- F2 large aperture which helps to separate the subject from background
- Supports auto focus (AF) and manual focus (MF) modes.
- 7 aperture blades for smooth, creamy bokeh.
- Chrome high precision metal bayonet,which effectively improves the goodness to fit the camera body and the bayonet strength, wear and corrosion resistance for long-term use.
- Supports full-frame and APS-C format cameras,supports M/AV/TV/P and other camera shooting modes,and aperture data can be displayed in the EXIF Information.
- Multi-coated glass, effectively improves the transmittance and flare resistance.
- Adopts gold plating for the metal contacts, effectively improves the signal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
Yongnuo YN35mm f/2 specifications:
|View-angle Coverage||Diagonal||63 Degrees|
|Lens Structure||5 groups, 7 elements|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.25m / 0.8ft|
|Maximum Diameter and Length||73*59mm|
Yongnuo 35mm f/2 - compatible with:
Yongnuo 35mm f/2 works well with cameras such as the Nikon D7100, D7200, D7000, D7300 D810, D800, D750, D700, D610, D600, , D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5400 ,D3100, D3200, D3300 ,D90, D80, D70s, D70, D60 and other Nikon DSLR cameras not listed here
Yongnuo YN35mm f/2 - package includes:
1 x Yongnuo YN35mm f/2 prime Lens for Nikon cameras
1 x Rear Lens Cap
1 x 58mm Lens cap
1 x Manual
1 x Original Box
There are no reviews yet.